Salary: Commensurate with experience, expectation of up to £85k
Location: UK – Remote, to work on GMT
Employment Basis: Fulltime
Founded in the UK five years ago, Qunifi is now a global unified communications company distributing products through the world’s leading telephony brands.
Qunifi’s core product is Call2Teams™: a cloud service technology that connects any PBX or SIP Trunk phone system to Microsoft Teams in minutes, enabling businesses to keep their existing phone system whilst enabling full collaboration within Teams.
With the recent Coronavirus pandemic Qunifi has seen near exponential growth and is now looking for talented individuals to help expand the business and fulfil ambitious plans for growth. Qunifi is backed by Pemberstone Investment Group and Microsoft.
Qunifi’s services are hosted globally in Azure and AWS, using SaaS, PaaS and IaaS components in a high availability design to deliver to a strict SLA.
About the role
This is a new position due to ongoing growth.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be expected to have a background in DevOps and running 24/7 business-critical SaaS services.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for activities, technologies and resources required to operate and improve the infrastructure, communications, environments, and platform software configuration for all Qunifi’s products.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the DevOps/Site Reliability Engineering
- Eliminate bottlenecks through an automated build, test, deploy, operate process
- Build internal tooling
- Create CI/CD pipelines working alongside Developers
- Building, operating and managing a server deployment across Azure and AWS in locations around the world (<100 VMs).
- Ensuring the platform SLA continues to be met as the customer base grows; including capacity management, availability management, and business continuity, and ensuring the processes to respond to and resolve incidents are defined and resourced 24×7. Given the nature of the Qunifi’s products – note that this will include being on call as part of the NOC team. 24/7 rota
- Ensuring the security policies are implemented, including managing access, patching servers, managing external penetration testing, and taking an active part in maintaining the ISO27001 information security accreditation.
- Leading and collaborating with colleagues as part of responding to incidents.
- Managing infrastructure and platform projects to build new capabilities or remediate existing ones.
- Making budgetary reports and recommendations to the CTO as appropriate to existing and planned infrastructure and platform initiatives.
Skills and experiences that will help you succeed:
- Azure (or similar)
- Infrastructure automation tools and techniques
- CI/CD pipeline experience using tools such as Azure DevOps
- Development automation tools – Terraform, Packer, Ansible, Consul Template, etc
- Monitoring and dashboarding tools – zabbix, prometheus, alertmanager, grafana, loki, promtail, node_exporter
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to work in English is a must if English isn’t your native language.
- Expertise in multiple platforms, including Linux and some Azure SaaS/PaaS
- Experience operating SQL Azure, including replication and failover groups as well as SQL queries.
- (optional) Understanding of real-time voice traffic, including SIP and RTP; ability to follow SIP traces as part of fault diagnosis.
Qualities and behaviours we’re looking for:
- A true pair of ‘safe hands’ inspiring confidence that will keep the promises we make to our partners, e.g. a combination of “been there, seen it, bought the t-shirt” and “how could we do this quicker, better, cheaper”.
- Striking the perfect balance between passion, perfection and practicality – doing great stuff but knowing when to stop and just get it out the door.
- Preference for working in a fast-moving environment.
Qunifi is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Email your CV to [email protected]. Please include a few paragraphs on why you’re interested in the role (formal cover letter not required).
NOTE TO AGENCIES: where Agency assistance is required the Qunifi Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Qunifi by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.Apply Now