Salary: Commensurate with experience, expectation of up to $60k
Location: Remote, to work on North American Eastern or Central Time
Employment Basis: Fulltime
Founded in the UK five years ago, Qunifi is now a global unified communications company distributing products through the world’s leading telephony brands.
Qunifi’s core product is Call2Teams: a cloud service technology that connects any PBX or SIP Trunk phone system to Microsoft Teams in minutes, enabling businesses to keep their existing phone system whilst enabling full collaboration within Teams.
With the recent Coronavirus pandemic Qunifi has seen near exponential growth and is now looking for talented individuals to help expand the business and fulfil ambitious plans for growth. Qunifi is backed by Pemberstone Investment Group and Microsoft.
About the role
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for day-to-day of our global multi-tenant VOIP platform. The platform runs across 4 continents and has a very fast-growing user base (1500% per annum).
Responsibilities will include:
Day to day administration of:
- 30+ CentOS 7 VMs running in Azure and AWS, hosting real-time SIP call processing,
Several AudioCodes SBCs, liaising with the vendor’s support and performing upgrades,
Azure PaaS resources (SQL, AppService, DNS, Azure Storage, CosmosDB etc).
Collaborating with colleagues to:
- Ensure that security policies are implemented, including managing access, patching servers, managing external penetration testing, and taking an active part in maintaining the ISO27001 information security accreditation,
- Respond to incidents,
- Build new capabilities or remediate existing ones.
- Recording and reporting capacity, availability, service-affecting incidents, planning changes to improve reliability and resilience.
Any other tasks as reasonably required.
Please note that we will require you to be on-call to address any platform issues 1 week in three (this will include evenings and weekends).
Skills and experiences that will help you succeed:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to work in English is a must if English isn’t your native language.
- Expertise in networking. Comfortable with UDP, TCP, TLS. Familiarity running network captures and debugging unusual TCP scenarios.
- Experience with server monitoring tools such as Zabbix, nagios, PRTG.
- Expertise in and opinions on cloud environments such as MS Azure and Amazon AWS.
- Server configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Automated provisioning frameworks such as CloudFormation and Terraform.
- Broad and deep knowledge of various server platforms, and how to scale and configure each for reliability and automation.
We do not expect you to have SIP experience, but a demonstrable ability to pick up new skills is a must as you will need to quickly gain a working understanding of SIP message flows.
As a fast growing company there is the opportunity to grow with it in a variety of directions, including DevOps automation if desired.
Qualities and behaviours we’re looking for:
- A true pair of ‘safe hands’ inspiring confidence that will keep the promises we make to our partners, e.g. a combination of “been there, seen it, bought the t-shirt” and “how could we do this quicker, better, cheaper”.
- Striking the perfect balance between passion, perfection and practicality – doing great stuff but knowing when to stop and just get it out the door.
- Preference for working in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
- Love for, and curiosity about, new technologies and methodologies and how they shape the world.
- Experience of working in a startup or scale-up with an understanding that everyone needs to roll their sleeves up and get involved.
Qunifi is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Email your CV to [email protected]. Please include a few paragraphs on why you’re interested in the role (formal cover letter not required).
NOTE TO AGENCIES: where Agency assistance is required the Qunifi Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Qunifi by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.Apply Now